No one will deny that football is a high impact sport. And aside from the protective gear that you wear on your body, a football mouthpiece is absolutely essential to your protection and safety. A good football mouthpiece will prevent concussions and prevent dental injury.
When purchasing a football mouth guard make sure that the football mouthguard fits well and is comfortable. It should protect your top teeth as well as your bottom teeth, so you may want to look into purchasing a double mouthguard – one that protects your top and bottom teeth.
Because football is also a relatively high impact sport, look for a football mouth guard that is about 4mm in thickness. Higher impact sports such as boxing will require thicker mouthguards and lower impact sports such as tennis will require thinner mouthguards.
Football Mouth Guard We Recommend
The Shock Doctor Power Ultra Adult Mouthguard is your best bet for a football mouthpiece. Here are some more features of this football mouthpiece:
- The semi-rigid inner Shock Transfer Core is covered by a soft moldable outer layer for easy and precise molding for a super tight fit.
- Lateral jaw stabilizers on this mouth guard protect the lower jaw from side impacts.
- Aerofil-shaped rear pads help protect the jaw, jaw joints and brain, lessening the chance of concussions.
- Shock Transfer Core directs impact shock away from front teeth to stronger triple rooted rear molars.
- Compact, tight fitting design allows for unrestricted breathing and speaking.
- M.O.R.A. performance enhancement may increase strength and athletic performance in a wide range of sports. Includes protective storage case.
- $12,500 dental warranty.
- Quick release helmet tether.