Shock Doctor Mouthguard Instructions
The following Shock Doctor mouthguard instructions are for Shock Doctor Mouth Guards, but can be used as general mouthguard fitting instructions too.
You will need the following materials:
- Shock Doctor Mouthguard (Preferably Gel Nano)
- Cold tap water
- Boiling water
- A clock or watch with second hand
- Slotted spoon
Shock Doctor Mouthguard Instructions:
- Fill a saucepan with 3 to 4 inches of water, place it on top of the stove and bring the water to a boil.
- Next plug the helmet tether strap into the front of your mouthguard (if your mouthguard has one).
- Turn off the stove, remove the saucepan from the heat, and let the water stand for about 30 seconds.
- Next place the mouthguard into water for exactly 90 seconds. Do not exceed 90 seconds.
- Carefully remove your Shock Doctor mouthguard from hot water with a wooden spoon or other utensil. Do not remove the tether.
- Now cool your Shock Doctor mouthguard under tap water for 1-2 seconds just to bring the surface temperature to a comfortable level.
- Lick your lips and looking into the mirror, carefully line up the mouthguard with the centerline of your upper teeth. Fit the mouthguard onto and around your upper teeth and press the mouthguard firmly into your molars first then the front teeth. Do not remove the tether.
- Now bring your lower jaw forward and up into base of mouthguard with your teeth in alignment with lower channel.
- Next, close your mouth while biting down hard on your Shock Doctor mouthguard. Suck in strongly and use fingers to press edges of mouthguard onto teeth and roof of mouth through lips and cheeks for 20 seconds.
- You can now remove your mouthguard and run it under cool under tap water for 30 seconds. Put it back into your mouth and test it for a good, firm fit.
- Tether may now be removed.